Friday, December 22, 2006

At our village

Our kids :) (well, ok, actually our neighbors kids) They're sitting in our courtyard:



Loni (our nearest PC neighbor) and James visiting potters at a nearby village. There is unfortunately very little clay in our village.









Wilson, the chairman of our village's organization of small groups who is working closely with us, teaches us to build a fuel efficient stove in front of our house:


The local cement fundi helping us build a rainwater catchment tank. We're trying to follow a design to use less water. And on the very first day... The rains come!!!





(the road in front of our house!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Robyn Cox said...

Dear Precious James & Christy, I've finally gotten to take a leisurely read through your blog, and I'm so excited to see some of the wonderful adventures you are having in Tanzania. I didn't have a computer in Indiana, and I wasn't able to use the one at work without getting in trouble. I'm at Grandmother & Papa's house in Houston, now, so I am able to use their computer to enjoy your site. I hope you won't mind, but Grandmother allowed me to read the letter that Christy wrote to her. I've read it twice now. My response was a mixture of emotions: love, concern, respect, admiration, pride, missing you both, prayers for your safety and health. I am in awe of you both. It is a privilege to know and love you and be loved by you. Please stay well and take good care of each other. I sent Christy a package on Tuesday containing a USA Today newspaper (about the recent 500 point drop in the Chinese stock market), the recent edition of The New Yorker Magazine (with Jerome Hirsch's article on the Bush administration's secret preparations to invade Iraq), and Barack Obama's most recent book, The Audacity of Hope. I hope you both enjoy the literary pieces in The New Yorker and that they nourish your spirit and counteract the otherwise unfortunate news in the newspaper and magazine. I'd like to add to my request that you bring me a little Tanzanian grandchild by requesting that you also bring me one of those baby goats because the one in your photo looks so cute. (James, please know that I'm only kidding when I say these things, so stop perspiring!) Love to you both from the great state of Texas. Shalom! Robyn (aka "Mom")

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home